Saturday, July 16, 2016

Hello Guangzhou!

We finally made it!  After a 2 hour delay in Lanzhou we climbed aboard the leg-cramp express and were off... after another 2 hours sitting on the plane. Yes, you heard me right, 4 hours of waiting with three kiddos while the blood circulation was slowly being cut off from my legs. And I'm not even 6'5".

But, that's all behind us now. We're in Guangzhou and I love our accommodations. It's a two bedroom apartment. I did 7 loads of laundry today, 7. It feels fabulous to have clean clothes. No more waking up digging through your suitcase looking for the lease dirty shirt.

Today was Will's medical appointment for his visa/citizenship application. He did great. He only cried for the first 30 minutes he didn't see Dave. When we were at the medical appointment a man with Dave's same hair color and glasses walked by Will. He burst into tears and reached for him. He kind of walked by (with a little girl in a stroller) and said "hi dude" and kept walking. William kept reaching and voiced his displeasure loudly.




He eventually calmed down again and we finished the exam. They took general stats, height, weight (22. 8lbs) and head circumference. We also saw an ENT and a general looking over with reflexes, skin, joints, and an issued diagnosis of his special need (club foot and finger and toe deformity). It was not too busy and went smoothly. I even had time to feed him a bottle and he fell asleep in my arms on the way home.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. Dave and the older boys did some exploring and got us a few things for the kitchen. Did I mention I love this place. We have a washer and dryer, fridge, microwave,  3 TVs, wooden hangers and tons of space. If we have to live here for a week...  This is the way to go. They also have a breakfast buffet.




Spencer and Jacob have been good helpers. We plan to take them to Shaiman island. There are tons of souvenir shops and the famous  "Lucy's" restaurant (we have eaten here on every trip). We got hand carved wooden swords for all our boys 2 years ago with ella's adoption. The swords have been well loved and taped together several times.


I have loved sharing this experience with Spencer and Jacob. They truly remind me of how much I love being a mom. I miss Ella, Luke and Zoe. I can't wait to see them next week. Just 6 days to go! 


3 comments:

Kate said...

Awesome accommodations! So glad things are going so well - thinking of you constantly. Love you!!

Sandy Baur said...

Pretty posh digs! Sounds like things are still going pretty well so far. Spencer and Jacob sound like they are doing great! I love getting daily updates!

Jane-E-B said...

Nice!!